Geospatial Science Program!
For current information about Collin's Geospatial Science program, go to
Generally, you have two choices. Get the GIS Certificate or the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Degree in GIS. My recommendation: get the GIS Certificate on the way to getting your AAS Degree. Either way, there are five GIS courses that you will need to take. These five courses can be completed in one year.
- Fall Semester
- GISC 1411, Introduction to GIS, offered every semester.
- GISC 1421, Introduction to Raster-based GIS, offered every fall semester.
- Spring Semester
- GISC 2420, Intermediate GIS, offered every spring and summer semester.
- GISC 2402, GIS Design with Raster Analysis, offered every spring semester.
- Summer Semester (take one)
- GISC 2231, Advanced Problems in GIS, offered every semester based on need.
- GISC 2281, GIS Internship, if available.
To earn the Associate of Applied Science (AAS) Degree in GIS, take two additional GIS courses:
- GISC 1301, Cartography and Geography in GIS with GPS, offered every fall semester.
- GISC 2335, Programming for GIS with Python, offered every spring semester.